These ten works of literature are assigned in the America the Beautiful curriculum to give your child a richer perspective on the various time periods studied.
- Growing Up Dakota by Charles Eastman (Units 2-5)
- Amos Fortune: Free Man by Elizabeth Yates (Units 6-7)
- Brady by Jean Fritz (Units 9-10)
- Bound for Oregon by Jean Van Leeuwen (Units 12-13)
- Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt (Units 14-15)
- Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Units 16-18)
- All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor (Units 19-20)
- Blue Willow by Doris Gates (Units 21-22)
- Homer Price by Robert McCloskey (Unit 23)
- Katy's Box by Mary Evelyn Notgrass McCurdy (Units 27-29)
If you order the Literature Package with a pre-order for the Curriculum Package or Bundle, we will hold the literature to ship with the curriculum.