You can download and print these PDF files for use within your family.
- Assignment Checklist
- Grading Chart
- Bible Commentary (included in the Student Review)
- Literary Analysis (included in the Student Review)
- Project Ideas
- Answer Key
- Guide for Parents (includes alternate literature suggestions)
- Comparison of From Adam to Us and Exploring World History
The first edition of Exploring World History was published in 2004 with a plastic coil binding. The 2008 paperback edition was essentially the same as the first edition except for the binding. Using the 2014 edition with an earlier edition would be difficult because of significant changes in content and the order of the units in Part 2. The Quiz & Exam Book for the previous edition is available for purchase as a digital download. You can download the Guide for Parents and Teachers at no charge.
The 2014 edition was completely revised and enhanced with the following features:
- Hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations, including fine art from many countries
- Two-column format to improve readability
- Hands-on project ideas for each unit
- New content in the last two units, including a lesson on The Making of the Modern Middle East
- Full-page sections highlighting what was happening in the Americas, Africa, and Asia in units focused on Western Civilization
- Literature choices and additions to In Their Words that broaden geographic coverage
The Student Review Pack, which replaces the former Quiz & Exam Pack, now includes Bible commentary, literary analysis, revised review questions, and two additional exams. The quizzes and exams are also provided separately from the rest of the review material.
These corrections apply to the 2014 edition.
- Lesson 7, page 34 - The second photo on the left was incorrectly captioned "Tikal, Guatemala". The caption should read "Teotihuacan, Mexico".
- Lesson 18 - We made extensive changes to this lesson in the new edition but failed to update the questions in the Student Review Book. Please download the updated questions and answers.
- Lesson 22 - We had a typo in the Answer Key for question #4. The correct answer for the estimated date of the Exodus is 1446 BC.
- Exploring World History Part 1 (page 221) - In the list of names of Greek gods, the text has Neptune as the name of the sea god. Neptune was the Roman name for the sea god. Poseidon is the correct Greek name.
- Second History Exam in the Quiz and Exam Book - The answer key gives "Darius" as the answer for question #2. The answer should be Cyrus.
- Lesson 62 (Page 353) - The text says that both Ignatius and Polycarp were put to death in Rome. Polycarp was actually killed in Smyrna.
- Due to a print production error, some copies of Exploring World History Part 1 have four assignment pages that are out of order. The assignment pages in this unit are in this incorrect order: Lesson 62 (after Lesson 61), Lesson 63 (after Lesson 62), Lesson 64 (after Lesson 63), and Lesson 61 (after Lesson 64).
- Lesson 65 - We replaced this lesson in the new edition but failed to update the questions in the Student Review Book. Please download the updated questions and answers (same link as for Lesson 18).
- Unit 17 Quiz in the Quiz and Exam Book - The question refers to King Alfred, but it should refer to Aldred the priest instead.
Suggestions for Co-ops and Other Group Classes
Notgrass Company does not control the content accessed through these links, and a link to any site does not imply endorsement. Please use care and discretion while browsing the Internet, and let us know if any of these links are outdated or inappropriate.
Maps & Timelines Links